The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pluged my trailer into my truck and for some reason the brake lites and turn signals dont work.. the park lights work and the trailer brakes work had a guy look at it and hes not famillar with superdutys he said he would need a wiring diagram but if you guys would now of any relay that i could check that would be nice..The one 20 amp fuse was not blow either...

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
the fuses for that stuff are in the black fuse box under the hood on the drivers side

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
Easiest thing to do would be to just get a meter or a pen light. start following either from the fuse boxes or from the lights back to the fuse boxes. If you pick up one of those 20 dollar chiltons they have the schematics in them.

·
140 Posts
Here's a dumb but easy fix. Sometimes the spring blades on the connector get tweaked and not make contact. If you take a flat screw driver and bend them towards the center of the connector, they will make contact again and work right.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
check the fuses first, its FREE & easy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are the fuses seperate for left and right? My left wont work, but right is fine. Gotta take a test light to the truck to make sure it isn't the trailer.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
this might also sound silly. Make sure your ground for your trailer lights is connected to the trailer and the trucks bumper or grounded to the truck.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
dweymer said:
Are the fuses seperate for left and right? My left wont work, but right is fine. Gotta take a test light to the truck to make sure it isn't the trailer.
yup there are seperate fuses for everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts