The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something for you D-max guys. There's a guy around my area who say's that a person could get 700 rwhp out of a duramax using stock injectors, stock turbo, and NO nitrous. Basically just a intake, exhaust, bigger fuel pump and a really good tune(EFI live or PPE). I told him he's full of s**t. Not to bash the D-max, but i told him that there is no way a person is going to get 700rwhp out a duramax with just a tune on a basically stock fuel system and stock turbo without using NOS. I laughed in his face and said "keep dreaming buddy". The way i see it, if that is all a person needs to make 700 rwhp, then everyone with a D-max should be at 700rwhp. What do all you duramax owners think of this?

·
883 Posts
strokin6L said:
Here's something for you D-max guys. There's a guy around my area who say's that a person could get 700 rwhp out of a duramax using stock injectors, stock turbo, and NO nitrous. Basically just a intake, exhaust, bigger fuel pump and a really good tune(EFI live or PPE). I told him he's full of s**t. Not to bash the D-max, but i told him that there is no way a person is going to get 700rwhp out a duramax with just a tune on a basically stock fuel system and stock turbo without using NOS. I laughed in his face and said "keep dreaming buddy". The way i see it, if that is all a person needs to make 700 rwhp, then everyone with a D-max should be at 700rwhp. What do all you duramax owners think of this?

I know guys are making 500-550 with just an exhaust and PPE hot +2. Your going to have to add some type of lift pump too. You will obviously need a trans at that point. My bros truck with a PPE hot + 2 and stock turbo sees some high EGTs.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i hear what your saying and i agree with that. The guy that made that statement to me has a '06 D-max with a PPE(hot+2) with a 5" exhaust FASS lift pump, and a suncoast tranny, everything else(turbo, injectors, intake, and the rest of the fuel system) is stock. He put down 500rwhp last year on the dyno. I just don't see where he's gonna make 700rwhp without doing any other mods or adding NOS. If he says it could happen he would already be at that hp level. I just had to laugh when he told me that it's possible.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
wow.. that has to be the stupidest thing i ever heard.. and i heard alot of stupid stuff

·
1,705 Posts
There are technicalities to "stock" turbo. Fleece Performance mod's stock one's. I've seen some #'s over 650 with them.

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
01duramax6spd said:
There are technicalities to "stock" turbo. Fleece Performance mod's stock one's. I've seen some #'s over 650 with them.
Yeah i know what you're saying. The same thing goes with the VGT for the 6L. But he said factory stock with no upgrade to it(compressor housing or exhaust housing) and making 700hp. I just don't think it's possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts