The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just crossed 80,000 miles on the LBZ yesterday.

For those who don't know.

The motor is stock, no intake, just MBRP exhaust. FASS with filters, no tune. Merchant Automotive built tanny, and convertor. Cognito supports on the steering, and PPE tie rod braces.

The problems -

-Power steering lines leak

-Sunroof arms have cracks in them (bad enough to make me nervous about using it)

---------------------------------------

I change oil, fuel filter and tranny filter every 10K. Air filter every 30K.

My stock set of tires lasted to 42K miles. The Cooper STT's still have plenty of life left with 38K miles on them, and I am confident they will outlast my stock tires (which were bald when I had them changed).

I love this truck!

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the update. Im curious why you had the trans built.....and are not using any tune?
Initially I was going to use the truck for a DD/Puller. Then I bought my '04 and used it for a pulling truck, the '04 already had a MA Trans, so no upgrade was needed. I do love the feel of the tranny shifts, so I just left it in.

·
2,612 Posts
Glad to see everything is good

·