The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's I just joined this site and noticed you have a Camping/ Boating section which is great. My question is I have a Park model at a Campground in CT which is nice But since I Just bought a 3500 dually I would like to get a CHEAP slide -in or pull behind for small trips to the cape or winni/lake george,ect What are the pros and con's of both? Thanks

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
First - Welcome to TDG.

A few thoughts...

A Slide-in on your truck means if you gotta run to the store for something you forgot you have to tie down everything, unplug and get ready to move.

A pull behind..set it up and forget it until it's time to go home.

Slide-in. I can not speak from experience on the ease of taking it off and on but I would think it's more difficult than just dropping the trailer.

Pull behind I would think has more room.

Resale - Would it be easier to re-sell the trailer vs a slide-in?

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Welcome. I didn't think about the Store thing.It does sound inconvienient. The only reason I thought the Slide in was, No Taxes, Reg,and Insurance. and my Son and the Dog 100lb Black Lab could ride in the back because my truck is a Reg Cab 4X4 5spd man.

·
622 Posts
if you are planning on taking a boat or a atv's some states have laws against pulling 2 trailers, so the slide in would be a better choice but if you dont have the restrictions i would get a trailer, i prefer 5th wheel's but there is nothing wrong with the others.

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
many states you can ride in a 5er

·
Formerly NATTYGASMECH
633 Posts
On the slide outs.... there are some really good and easy to drop/take out models made today. You still have binders and such to remove, but they are much easier than the old crank type. There are also some that have a brace type that makes pretty much complete contact with the ground and blow the individual jack type out of the water for use while not in the bed. I cannot think of a brand name for you, but I have seen them. There is a brace that ties the Left and Right side jacks together along with both on each side and you back over it. It was kind of a square framework that tightens up to the truck. Crank the jacks up and Honestly I think they might even hold themselves tight to the frame. Since I did not see binders on that one. Again do not quote me on that. I live at the Grand Canyon and see many different RV/camper rigs here. Just about everything that is made. I saw one at the General Store last year and it really caught my interest. I just did not want to "Snoop" under the vehicle since the owner was not around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts