The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
264 Posts
Looks like your off to a very nice start for your ride!
There is no other feeling then when you build form the ground up.
Keep up the nice work :thumbsup

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About 4 days to lay everything out an drill uses the left rail for pattern of cutoff to. Make the right one vice versa transfer punch all the holes made templates for front rails an transfer punched all the holes of 359 rails everything fit good aligned the truck an has less shims in back then it did from factory u thinking about building one

·
292 Posts
About 4 days to lay everything out an drill uses the left rail for pattern of cutoff to. Make the right one vice versa transfer punch all the holes made templates for front rails an transfer punched all the holes of 359 rails everything fit good aligned the truck an has less shims in back then it did from factory u thinking about building one
Yes sir!! I have a 91 w900l, was a original tandem truck, then turned into a wrecker, 336 wheel base, the guy that double framed it didn't us the right inner frame rail, it wasn't tight into the outside rail, its all rusted and bowed real bad, and heavy too, I bought it with 580,000 miles, wrecker body and all that pulled off, she's got 680,000 on it right now, I would like to replace the wiring from fire wall out and also have the rails and cross members, fuel tank supports powder coated.

·
2,824 Posts
What was the quote from pg Adams with the mounting holes?

·
167 Posts
I'm interested in getting new frame rails this year or next. Obviously PG Adams is way cheaper than Peterbilt. Any idea if there are any differences between the two? I'm sure PG Adams are just as good or better than Pete.

I'd like to have my holes pre-drilled but I'm also gonna be going with longer rails (230" to 250"). I wonder if they will adjust from the CAD drawings of my truck to accommodate the longer wheelbase or if I can only have the holes pre-drilled if I keep the rails exactly the same as they were from the factory?

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it depends what your comfortable doing I had the newer style cross members an a low air leaf I put u undermine my opionion is if u can do it urself pg adams if not order the from dealer predrilled

1 - 13 of 13 Posts