The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2,555 Posts
Looks good when you get it where you want it you will have one unique truck;)

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
Nice clean looking truck!

I like those 70-80's square hood binders.

88 Posts
Just a suggestion here, (and maybe you already have this in mind) but a blue frame would be awesome. And some round hole aluminum wheels. If it were my truck, I'd think about deleting the horns and adding more clearance lights, but thats not such a big deal. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw an IH with two horns on it. That's a good looking truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments. It's the first truck I bought on my own and I paid cash for it so I'm not complaining, but it's far from where I want it to be that's for sure. The blue has got to go.

88 Posts
"The blue has got to go"? Honest? I like it. I think it just needs some more blue to tie it all together. But thats just my opinion. :) So come on. Don't hold us in suspense. What are your plans for it?

Oh...and so you know, adding peterbilt parts adds horsepower. might want to think about that :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol I will remember that when I start adding parts. But my plans are to
upgrade the interior to late model interior and I'm gonna throw out the old a.c. system and add one of those under dash mount a.c. systems that they make for classic cars and trucks that didn't come equipped with a.c.. And I want to paint it satin silver with chrome. But first things first it's needs alcoa's.

88 Posts
Yeah. If you are changing the AC system to escape the under-the-passenger-seat system, I totally understand. Definately alcoa's - not accurides. My brother and father and I started a wheel polishing business a few years ago and I can assure you, you want alcoas. I'm sure you probably have ball seat wheels. Accurides crack worse than alcoa's. Plus alcoa's always polished out way better - much smoother and brighter.

Personally, I don't like IH's newer interiors. I have cleaned a lot of them to prepare them for resale. You have to be very careful to not rub the paint off of the plastic. I like some of the newer wood grained dashes but thats about it. My cousin has a '89 with a light brown "leather" interior. Despite its age, I can't describe how much better quality it was. I would look around for an older but nicer interior, myself.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
She looks good for being almost 25 years old!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it is getting alcoas for sure paccar and as far as the horns and clearance lights I think that is a good idea. I'm putting train horns on it anyway lol Once you've had them a regular set of air horns just don't get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts