The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, starting a new project. I just bought this s1900. Something stuck out to me about it, and i envisioned a shortened pickup project. The truck is rough, but the dt466 is super low mileaged and purrs like a kitten.
I have alot of things to do to it before i can really tear off into her. Funds are another major concern. But i will do what i can, when i can, how i can hah.
For starters it needs a full set of guages, because nothing works except the tach and speedo..kinda. The tanks wont equilize which i assume is the crossover line cloged up.
As for near future plans, im going to shorten the frame, would yall recommend relocating the rear axle forward, or bobbing it? Im thinking it would be alot easier to just move it forward and cut off the excess. Im thinking a short enough wheel base to put a short dually bed on. What do yall think?
On to the engine, i think without breaking the bank, full fuel on the mw pump, couple clicks on the gov springs, and pre boost fuel adjustments will get me started. I have a question on that though. Ive watched every video on doing this but my mw doesnt have 2 allen bolts on the top, it only has one? I know its an mw cause it sais so in the Bosch part number on the pump. Anyways if anyone has any knowledge for me that would be great.
Then an injector and turbo upgrade. I dont belive ill ever need any more than that out of this truck for its application. It wont ever tow anything. So she should have some giddy up with no weight on her.
Another question that i have researched extensively is a hub conversion. What is the cheapest and easiest route to getting rid of these daytons? they are very wobbly. Tires could have a contribution. But im not a fan of the demountable wheel setup anyways. Would new axles be cheaper than new hubs?
Other than those couple things, i need to go through the brakes (hydraulic) kinda sticky calipers, fix up the interior (wiring) and get it painted up and overall i think it can and will be a fun little toy.
If anyone has any comments or recommendations please speak up. Im open to offers. If anyone notices anything not right or anything from the pictures please let me know.
I thank you for your time. Here comes the pictures!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have a recommendation on how to resize photos? Can't get them to upload correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts