1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Wow man thats a sweet ride!

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, been cleanin her all weekend. The wife did an outstanding job on the interior :thumbsup

We put in a new clutch, fixed the clutch linkage, new exhaust, fixed all the lights, and serviced it last week. Has a million 860K on it and still rides nice.....

Hopefully an uneventful day tomorrow....2:30am gonna come quick.

·
990 Posts
Thanks 88w900.

Looks like you may have a little pucker in your passenger side front fender, too. I put a similar dimple in mine when I wasn't paying attention. I see lots of extended hoods showing an identical dinged front fender. Not so visible but very annoying to the operator who put it there and is forever reminded of his stupidity. In my case I ran into the back of my own 4 wheeler I'd fogotten was in front of me. Is fender repair difficut and/or expensive? Done at home with a hammer or at a body shop? Or with an aluminum fender is replacement the best route? Thanks for any insights. RD

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's been there a long time. It's supposed to get some new fenders in the spring. I'm not a body guy and don't know how to fix them. Someone else around here might know?

·
990 Posts
Ynot ugly?

Hell yeah....way ugly! But his knowledge of Caterpillar diesels is unerring, unsurpassed and truly phenomenal. And free. His willingness to share his knowledge and insights with commoners? Where else do you encounter generosity like his in the trucking industry any more.** Tony is Big Cat's answer to NPR's Tappet Brothers on Saturday morning without all the annoying so called humor and snickering. Thanks, man. :usflag

Rogerstar

** There are others on here, you know who you are, who also always seem to have the answer to questions some of us can't even really formulate. Thanks. :wave

·
4,827 Posts
May be ugly, but I'm bigger than my bike... :nunu:

And it's a big azz bike :D

:salute
LOL LOL LOL LOL And you were worried about my 15D boots! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

·
410 Posts
There are excellent fiberglass fenders out there for 379's at about $325, way less than Paccar. Several dump trucks around here have them and they are very durable, have liners, and finished paint looks great.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I brought the hummers to Loring Air Force base in Maine. That was good trip, Burlington VT to Limestone ME.

Never got my new fenders, still been taking good care of her though. Might even buy the Pete someday down the road. Couple updated pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts