The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i couldnt figure out what was wrong with my truck I had it towed to badger ford a local heavy and light duty work shop. they told me that my valve cover gaskets were fried but the ything that caugh me was it was 9 quarts low on oil. they filled it up, i was on my way home and the truck died again, had to have it towed home. later after looking at the truck I found there was no oil on the dipstick once again. we;ve come to think highly its the rear main seal. is ther any suggestions tio help me threw this long proceedure? ps its not burning it it leaking from between the tranny and the motor.:shrug: :pointlaugh

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
the psd wont run without oil. the injectors are drivin off of oil pressure.
also is there oil in the valley of the motor.
i would fill it up with oil. degrease the hell out of the motor (expecially the valley) and let it sit and dry. then start it and watch to see were the oil is coming from. if your leak is that bad you is that bad there should be no problem finding were your leak is for sure.
good luck:Thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
The HPOP plug may be loose allowing an excessive amount of oil to leak into the valley and down the rear of the engine.

Major rear seal failures are not at all common.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
:whs mine was the lttleplug also 12 $ fix and about 10-15 miniteslook in the vally with a t/mirror or somthin bet ya thats were your prob is

·
1,921 Posts
Pull the cap off your fuel filter and look to see if the fuel is black. I'm going to bet that the injector o-rings are shot and passing the oil through. Also do what Orange said as if the leak is external and that bad it would be obvious where it's comming from. If it is leaking it your tailgate would be covered in oil as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts