The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of aquiring a 900,000 Mile Cummins.
It's a 2001, extended cab, long bed, auto, fully loaded, heated leather, etc.

The scoop:
I've mentioned the truck before. It was used for hauling campers until 785,000 Miles. Then sold again here locally. (2 owners total)
The current owner is selling it because the tranny is nuked
(I'm assuming he lost the front drum)
It is however a fully built BD Power transmission.
It was put in around 300,000 Miles during 2004. So what BD Power did to the transmissions then is beyond me. (Maybe someone will chime in on that)
The engine and axle are still orginal. The injection pump was replaced at around 700,000 Miles. The turbo was replaced recently. All new tires. Texas grill. Big 100 gallon tank in the bed. The outside is rough but nothing unusal for 900,000 Miles. Edge EZ Tow. BD Injectors.

This is all can think of now, I'll put some pics of it when it gets shipped back. I'm posting on here because I think me and some freinds are going to rip it apart and split up the parts. Espcially if has a billet input shaft. But if anyone thinks they may want some parts out of this truck post something.

PLAN B: I might just rip the tranny out of my 98 and make a working tranny for the 2001 and see if I can get the clock to 1,000,000 Miles. Not sure I need 3 Cummins though :shrug:

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Do IT... 1,000,000 miles is BA.. how does it sound?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I got for the 1,000,000 miles. There has to be something to say about that!!!!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Do IT... 1,000,000 miles is BA.. how does it sound?

I'm glad you mentioned! It has a aFe airfilter and 5 Inch straight pipe. It sounds awesome!

I'm getting the truck for a little over 2g and after me and some freinds split it up. There could be some cash being made. If I take it to a Million Miles it'd be the second truck in the area to do so. Tom Olding lives rather close. I'm not sure what he's doing with that truck now a days.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cajuncummins said:
I want to be the guy who racks up 785,00 miles in 6 years camping:poke:

He wasn't camping just hauling them for companys that make the campers. It's a big thing in Indiana.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
get some pics, and seriously get it to 1,000,000 miles, if it's necesary you can part off the truck you're getting the working tranny from

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't get rid of that one. To much sentimental value. Alot of good times in that truck, good times, real good times. :woot:

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Phily 911 said:
I'm glad you mentioned! It has a aFe airfilter and 5 Inch straight pipe. It sounds awesome!

I'm getting the truck for a little over 2g and after me and some freinds split it up. There could be some cash being made. If I take it to a Million Miles it'd be the second truck in the area to do so. Tom Olding lives rather close. I'm not sure what he's doing with that truck now a days.

Sweet deal congras man I hope everythingwoks out for you:Thumbup: and get some pics andvideosofit running..!! I want to see 999,999 and you rollin over one mill ....

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Sweet deal congras man I hope everythingwoks out for you:Thumbup: and get some pics andvideosofit running..!! I want to see 999,999 and you rollin over one mill ....
dude, spacebar???:sofa

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure we'll probably talk about the options. If me or we bring it the Million Mile mark we'll diffently have video and pics of it. Regardless if we tear it apart. I'll still get pics at of the truck and where it's now. I think one of my friends might be on fleet insurance so maybe we'll just split the cost and take turns driving to put miles on it fast. Me doing most of the driving, lending it to whoever goes a on big trip. Doing whatever to tack miles on it.

Only time will tell it's in a different state right now waiting to get towed back.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
cajuncummins said:
dude, spacebar???:sofa
sry ... the keys stick.. look how many times I have to edit things... my damn brother spills stuff on the keyboard

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
sry ... the keys stick.. look how many times I have to edit things... my damn brother spills stuff on the keyboard
Sure thats what it is.:pointlaugh

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
no biggie, thought it was funny, and Phily, I thought it was either part it out or go for the mill, you could totally go for the mill and then part the SOB out, and maybe it'll sell as a whole for actually having a million miles on it(there are people out there with a lot more money than sense)

·
3,514 Posts
Has the engine been overhauled at all? Thats really impressive and reassuring to see that they can make it that far especially with the original components. I would be stoked if mine made it to 1/2 that. However, with the rate I'm currently accumulating miles, That will take close to another decade.

that more money than sense thing. I would almost like to have a truck with 900,000 or a million just for the fact that I could say I did, and if its only 2 grand thats not bad.
Sean

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sstockton said:
Has the engine been overhauled at all? Thats really impressive and reassuring to see that they can make it that far especially with the original components. I would be stoked if mine made it to 1/2 that. However, with the rate I'm currently accumulating miles, That will take close to another decade.

that more money than sense thing. I would almost like to have a truck with 900,000 or a million just for the fact that I could say I did, and if its only 2 grand thats not bad.
Sean

Orginal engine, Amsoil used in everything.*
*Tranny got switched to convential around 785,000 by the 2nd owner.

·
3,514 Posts
Phily 911 said:
Orginal engine, Amsoil used in everything.*
*Tranny got switched to convential around 785,000 by the 2nd owner.
I should probably start running amsoil, thats impressive.
Sean

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's why I run it is that truck. I'll figure out what Tom Olding ran in his, the first, million mile cummins.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts