The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 F350 Crew Cab with 7.5 (460) 4x4. Been having power steering trouble, the funny thing is that it has power assist turning one direction but not the other, I disconnected the hoses from the pump and blew about 30lbs of air back through the return line while truning the wheel at the same time. I think there may be a valve plugged in the steering box. Is this something that I can fix/rebuild or should I just get it replaced? Are there any other trouble shooting ideas out there?

Thank you

·
1,700 Posts
If its good one way but not the other, and you know for sure nothing is binding on the steering linkage (unlikely) its got to be in the gear box.

The steering gears are not overly complicated to disassemble but I would recommend having a manual to refer too. Im also not sure on the availability of parts that might be needed. If you find a problem and get it fixed, how sure are you going to be that the rest of the stuff is going to be ok? You might just see what you can get a rebuilt on for before you go too far. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts