The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this should be a good first post.
i found this site looking for info on the engine in this truck, a 92 w900b, has a 3406c, 15spd singe o.d. and now 3.55 rears on new (2012) 8bag rear susp.

im currently trying to fix and freshen up as much as i can afford, im going to work this truck once i have it all back together. been a few surprises but nothing i didnt expect to find.

the first day home after some frame work

had to pull the stacks to get it in the barn.

switched front hubs to hub pilot

found some surprises under the vinyl ends and stainless wrap center peice.

well, the tanks are off, and the step boxes are only a few bolts, might as well clean up behind them too!

sandblasted the frame down. lots of rust buildup under the exhaust brackets and on the tank saddles.

this is where we're at today. picked up the epoxy primer just need a day that isnt 100 degrees with humidity.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so, its been a little to long and a few to many dollars since i posted, but here we go:

put it in the "garage" side of the barn for the painting. i had a job about 8 years ago where i painted regularly, apparently, its a skill that can get rusty. by the time i was finished i had remember most of what id forgot, most importantly that painting is a PITA!

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

so someone previously tried to coverup some bunk mounts that were corroding, which i suppose worked, you couldnt see it anymore, so its ok right? they cut the cab right around the stock mount, i had to make new ones out of 3/8 alum and twice as wide to catch the back of the bunk. aslo made new KW exhaust mounts, i plan to switch to underframe exhaust next year.

im kinda proud of the exhaust mounts, simply because its the first reverse engineered part ive made using autocad program and had them cut with a laser cut at a local shop.

i know not the best polish job, but it was a primary cut, wanted some shine on it for winter. i'll tear into them in the spring.

after running all new airlines from the bulhead under the drivers seat back and rewiring from the cab down, it felt good to have the bumper back on and it lookin like a truck again!

pulled out of the barn under her own power again!

looked much better with the pipes back on.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, after a few weeks or screwing around with getting a safety, etest (yes, e test LOL) plates insurance blah blah blah, we put load number 1 on the deck. 46000lbs of OSB for johnson city TN.

DOES THIS THING EVER GO

i ran I77 from I90 in ohio to wytheville va, and only dropped a gear twice, 2 gears once. water got up to 210 on the big pull ( fan wont kick on in auto, had have to turn on manually) and pyro never got over 850.

i learned alot from this forum about the engine, and where to look and what im looking at.

its not a C block, as it has 6 point head bolts. the cone shaped cover on the front of the pump must have been what made the guy tell me it was a c. the engine vin is 3zj18524, the pump is a 7e5888, the nozzles are or8785s and the turbo is off a 6nz, i keep forgetting to get the number, i will next time im near the turbo when its cold.

·
2 Posts
Looks Good!!

Reactions: CDNgoose
1 - 9 of 9 Posts