The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any stock parts from a 99-03 that can be put on a 94.5-97? such as turbo (so it has an adj. wastegate) or any other parts? my buddy just wrecked his 01 7.3 and said I can have any parts I want. I have a 96 7.3 by the way

·
8,265 Posts
grab his hpop at the least.

·
626 Posts
Intake plenums, uppipes, collector, turbo pedistal, turbo...

There will be some fab work involved to make the downpipe fit (more so than making any other OBS downpipe fit), but it's not too bad.

·
812 Posts

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
so your saying the turbo will bolt up? is this a major upgrade over my obs style?
Not quite. That is why you need to get the up pipes, pedestal, and all the other stuff. but if you upgrade to these, then you will be able to swap over to a larger amount of turbo's down the road, where the OBS style hardly has any drop in turbo's.

·
2,509 Posts
get the intercooler. I dont really considder the turbo an upgrade, but I would latch onto the exhaust manifolds, uppipes and pedistale incase you want to go to a 38r turbo in the future.
the injectors would be a slight upgrade but you would need special programming and the HPOP to run them.

·
6,337 Posts
is there any stock parts from a 99-03 that can be put on a 94.5-97? such as turbo (so it has an adj. wastegate) or any other parts? my buddy just wrecked his 01 7.3 and said I can have any parts I want. I have a 96 7.3 by the way
Get his HPOP and injectors... Leave the rest...

The turbo is NO upgrade, the only thing you will get with his turbo is surge. His injectors are almost 40% more fuel then you have now, assuming you have AA injectors (90CC) and the 01 has AD's (140cc). With the bigger injectors and the 1.15 housing your stock turbo has, its like a match made in heaven. If you can get his intercooler, that would be nice too, but will require some work to add it.

·
6,337 Posts
get the intercooler. I dont really considder the turbo an upgrade, but I would latch onto the exhaust manifolds, uppipes and pedistale incase you want to go to a 38r turbo in the future.
the injectors would be a slight upgrade but you would need special programming and the HPOP to run them.

Its not perfect, but you can run the AD's on single shot programing. Its not like running singles on split programing...:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts