The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 1995 F-350 Powerstroke with a 5-speed. He has a straight pipe, intake, and an edge programmer. He likes the edge but he says he wants more power, who can blame him. He wanted me, since I'm a member, to ask you guys what chip, box, or programmer to get after he sells his edge. He loves smoke as much as I do and, also like me, is on a tight budget. What should he go with?

·
504 Posts
Tony Wildman

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tony is the best tuner for the first generation PSD's. But your friend needs to know this one little fact. The injectors on that truck limit flow to the point that 75HP or near that is all he will see no matter what chip he is running. With that said, Tony can make a stock injectored truck run better than anybody.

·
214 Posts
:iagree TW makes some bbad tunes for OBS truck but theres other ppl that make good tunes as well. they ushualy all come on a Custom burnt 6 pos chip that you slide in the back of the PCM. If he wants some real smoke hes gonna need at least a small set of injectors maybe like BDP's Tranny savers or some type of "stage 1" to even smoke as good as a well programed Super duty. If he upgrades the injectors though he'll need at least a pyro and a boost guage. plus a HD clutch. Also a CAC from a SD 7.3 or 6.0 would help and can be set up rather cheap. OBS trucks can make Big power like the superduties but at the low end with alot of stock parts there pretty slugish. I dont know what his budget is but just some suggestions.

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He already has boost, pryo, and tranny temp gauges. Where whould he get the TW and how much is it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You can send him a PM Twildman. I will look for the link with his contact info. 1 of the vendors DDP has his chips as well.

·
20 Posts
i have friends with the edge programer they all have had good luck. i had a superchips programer and i love the shift patterns. it doesn't matter which chip or tuner is used on the older powerstrokes the stoke injectors max out quickly. my '97 does not smoke other than just a little puff at take off. my next step is a set of stage 1 or 2 injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts