The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 F-350 with a 7.3 has been giving me issues lately. I finally figured out that the main connector from the engine to the fuse block and IDC and Computer was corroded. So I cleaned it up with electrical contact cleaner and used a fine brass wire brush and also cleaned the ECM connector and the IDC. After cleaning I put dielectric grease in all of the connectors. Is this a problem? I now drive about 5 miles or so and the truck stalls and all the warning ad wait to start start to flicker and you can hear the glow plug solenoid activate and deactivate. I can turn the key off them back on and it ill start up and run again. Now all of the sudden the when I hook up my Snap On mt-2500 it won't communicate with the truck. The truck has over 269k on it and has had NO major work done to it since new. It has been a very well taken care of truck since day one. Would the dielectric grease have anything to do with it? I know the problem is electrical and not mechanical.

thanks for any advice in solving my issue.

·
Old Fart
889 Posts
You have a bad ground. That is why the clicking of the relay. You seem to have solved half of the problem, the positive connections. You need to address the grounds or negative connections now. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts