The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me if the cooling fan is supposed to come rite on when the a/c is on. I was under the impression it was supposed to regardless of engine coolant temp. I thought once the a/c was switched on the cooling fan was suposed to engage to pull heat of the a/c condensor the reason i ask is that my fan does not come on when the a/c is on. So am is my fan working rite or is something wrong thanks in advance .Richie

·
380 Posts
There is a switch in the high side of the AC system. It should turn the engine cooling fan on somewhere around 275psi.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the high side didnt get that high its not really hot out yet i wont worry about it yet i thought once the compressor engaged the fan would go on thanks Chris.

·
380 Posts
you need to put some AC guages on it to make sure that the switch is working properly.

But no the fan does not automatically come on when the AC is on..........Imagine how much fuel that would use!

·
1,138 Posts
The hi pressure is on the dier and is called fan switch by freightliner and there is also a low pressure clutch switch on the dier. most FLD 120 will have a manuel fan switch inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts