The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any experience with re bushing and sealing throttle shaft on a Bosch inline on a 8.3 Cummins? Easy? Special tools? Do it without pulling pump off engine? Any links to step by step? Just trying to help out a neighbor with his lime/ fertilizer Ford F800. 95 model I think. Leaking a pretty fair amount of fuel.

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might well be. Owner was quoted 3400.00. Pump shop said they would have to go through the whole thing. Runs fine. Just leaks. I figured it probably wasn't any more complicated than a 3406b or c- which I have been into more than one and managed to fumble through it and get back together. Thanks in part to people I have become acquainted with on this site.

·
93 Posts
If it's a Bosch P series pump it should leak oil if the throttle shaft seal fails.
If it's leaking fuel There is a leak somewhere else.

Terry

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. I will pay a little closer attention as to what it is leaking and exactly where. I got involved when the micky mouse footfeed linkage someone had cobbled together broke. I had to make a new hinge mount for pedal and found it to damp with fuel or oil of some sort under the floormat where it had been blowing back from pump area. Then I noticed it damp under pump.... I thought the insulation under the mat smelled like fuel but it had several other things diluting it too.

·
323 Posts
OK, thanks. I will pay a little closer attention as to what it is leaking and exactly where. ........ I thought the insulation under the mat smelled like fuel but it had several other things diluting it too.
I'm not sure I want to know :surprise: :tmi:throwup

Well, it's Friday, here's to a guy helping out a friend :beerdrink

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure I want to know :surprise: :tmi:throwup

Well, it's Friday, here's to a guy helping out a friend :beerdrink
Yeah really. Lol. Here is what I was thinking at the time:thinking Didn't I read somewhere that diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate is kinda volatile? Don't think I will use the torch to get those frozen go pedal bolts unsiezed. This is a fertilize truck as well.

·
40 Posts
How did we go from a leak at the pump to throttle pedal bolts to ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel blew up the OK city facility. It is highly regulated any more and most nitrogen is ammonium sulfate because of that. I have been around that type business for 40 years and go on stuff with a torch in a minute. Just do not do it around a fertilizer plant where dust and such are in the air. Corn can do the same thing.
On those Fords like that I have gone to the hardware store and bought a barn door hinge. A fabricator guy can make it work when they need it today. If they need it tomorrow they will call you tomorrow. Welcome to the fertilizer business and sounds like you need a different pump shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts