The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Front end is developing some play. got a new box and stabilizer. My tie rod ends pitman rod ends and track bar are showing some age. what suppliers have good replacement parts or is factory the best option.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
My Front end is developing some play. got a new box and stabilizer. My tie rod ends pitman rod ends and track bar are showing some age. what suppliers have good replacement parts or is factory the best option.
Either Moog, Mcquay-Norris, or A-1 Cardone all make good aftermarket parts. The thing to make them last is grease. Some of the front end parts on the Dodges could not be greased or relubricated. The replacement ball joints will have a way to relubricate them by removing the grease zerk, and installing a plug in it's place to allow the front driveshafts to turn. Some joints have side mounted zerks and you don't need to remove them. My 96 Dodge 3500 has near 300K on it and the tie rod ends, and pitman arm are original to the truck. The original ball joints were shot at 70K as was the idler arm. These parts did not have zerks from the factory and their replacements do.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4x4 on both trucks

·
688 Posts
Here is what I did with really good results. I bought a front end rebuild kit from performance suspension technologies. Comes with all polyurethane bushings for control arms new tie rod ends and a new tie rod bar and ball joints (IMOP are junk). I threw the ball joints away and bought OE, intalled all other parts and a new track bar form Napa. Then I bought a aftermarket steering brace it is bolted in place with your sway bar bushings and then to the steering gear box. Did and alignment and the truck drove awesome. The steering slop was gone and the death wobble was gone. It has been that way for 30K miles. This is on my 95 model.

·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ill look em up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.