The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
few days ago Dave mentioned to check the valley for oil paddles- did'nt find any, also he want me to check the fuel filter for black recidue - it looks fine I have new air filter, oil filter, oil and I just don't have a clue were or how the oil es burning out, I really don't see any smoke and the truck starts easy, and have plenty of power please help thanks..................

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
It is either injector o-rings or the turbo is sucking in oil. if it is the turbo, dont run the truck if it is the turbo because it might have a run on condition that you will not be able to shut it down. Take the intake off and check the turbo for play and excessive oil inside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Mattymx

how hard is to replace the injector o rings into my 96 7.3 diesel, if anybody have pics will be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
thecucufox4110 said:
how hard is to replace the injector o rings into my 96 7.3 diesel, if anybody have pics will be greatly appreciated thanks.

No its not.

your going to need a 13mm or 1/2 inch and a 8mm.. and flat head screwdriver

for the drivers side valve cover your going to have to remove the bracket on the valve cover remove all the bolts the bolt in the back is tryick so get a swivel socket.. now when the vvalve cover is off your going to need I think a allen head I forget what size.. and something else.. and a cats claw.. have the new injector ready.. once you pop out the old one slam the new one in there fast.. because oil will drop into the cyl.. put the new injector in .. hit with a rubber mallet to make sure that its in there properly.. button everything back up bar the motor over by hand.. 24mm on the harmonic bolt.. and crank it up.. it will smoke a bit..

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
It takes me about 10-15 mins to acess the injectors on a 99-02 with the intercooler.. for me its about a 30-40 min job. I actually do have a pic.. :roflmao: but its a 01..

I skiiped a few steps on the injector pull but the import thing to remember is to suck the oil out of the cyl or bar the motor over by hand.. if you dont.. you'll bend a rod..

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
Replacing injector o-rings isn't hard, but it takes time. Look for the better part of a day doing it. When you take the valve cover off, take a syringe and suck the oil up thats laying on the top of the head. This will help with the oil into the head, but wont stop it. If it were me, I'd take a shop vac and suck the oil out of each cylinder before you put the injector back in. Also, be sure to lube the new o-rings with oil before you put the injector back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts