The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again,
i've asked about this problem a couple times. last time was 12/17/13. please check out that post. i ask for help this last time. the problem is injector knocking. the problem has been going on for some time, couple years. i use the truck infrequently. any thoughts on this will be appreciated.:gaah

·
281 Posts
I found your older post. Does it still miss below 1500 rpm? Does it do it at all temperatures? Have you tried moving the injector to the other bank to see if the knocking follows it still? Are you using the same hold down bolt every time you move it? I'd maybe try and do a compression test on all cylinders. Usually its best to take out all glow plugs and test each hole, one at a time while the engine is still warm. Have you tried a shop or anything that can do a cylinder contribution test? Does it give any kind of codes?

Reactions: danz

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
injector knock

dan, thanks for the input. i have had a contribution test. no problems. i use the same hold down bolt for the cylinder that i am working on. have not tried moving to other bank or tested the other side for compression. will do that.the truck idles rough at lower rpm. but seems to have plenty power when i need it. i just towed a jeep cherokee and trailer with it. no problems. gets consistent good mileage 18 mpg. real head scratcher. about ready to put it on craigslist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts