The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have a 96 f350 7.3l that has burnt up 3 pcms! I bought it with the engine out and guy said it just died well i dug in and found the plug in the back of the timing cover fell out causing loss of oil pressure. I fixed that or the whole truck back togethor and there is no wts light and no odo. Narrowed it down to the pcm, borrowed a friends pcm and back in buisness wts light I odo on truck runs so i bought one put it in rechecked fluids getting ready to drive it and i shut the hood and truck died. Popped hood looked for pinched wires the hood could have hit and nothing was found but the pcm wasn't working again. Checked fuse 22 checked all other fuses all good. I then got another pcm and nothing fried it before i even got to try to start it still no blown fuses put pcm In other truck and nothing. I have power going into pcm, i have 5 volt reference at all sensors truck won't start no wts no odo numbers, did not find anything as to why it keeps burning pcms the first pcm is the original so something had to have happened when the engine was pulled but what could short and how do i find it now? Please help these things get expensive after 3 or 4 you buy in afraid to hook the new one up i have.

·
323 Posts
Check the wiring going to the glow plug relay.
Make sure the glow plug load isn't being applied to the pcm.
I can't remember if the 7.3 has a FICM, check it's wiring closely as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts