The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics of where to drill & tap hole for egt probe on a 97 7.3?

·
2,509 Posts
dont have any pics but I put mine on the driverside exaust manifold in the curve right before the up pipe. The probe is pointed down. I had plenty of room to drill it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
yup go there, drivers side manifold right where it bends to the uppipe just as he said

·
6,337 Posts
pitjeep said:
anyone have pics of where to drill & tap hole for egt probe on a 97 7.3?

See Pic... This is a drill and clamp, but for the drill and tap, just hit the manifold.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i want to tap it i should drill the manifold itself, about 4 to 6 inches to the right on your pic?

·
58 Posts
Yup!

·
535 Posts
ok i may be wrong but is this pic taken from the underside looking up?? if so the probe is pointed up???

·
6,337 Posts
just visiting said:
ok i may be wrong but is this pic taken from the underside looking up?? if so the probe is pointed up???

Yes and yes.

·
Found On Russ' Drive
693 Posts
I put mine in from the top. Drivers side manifold, hold your drill beside the master cylinder pointing down.

·
6,337 Posts
Gruss said:
I put mine in from the top. Drivers side manifold, hold your drill beside the master cylinder pointing down.

Why? That is a very difficult area to get too, your not getting any better reading there, and the drill shavings are going to fall into the manifold rather then into your eyes...

From below you can see everything, and then you can run the wires thru the Auto tranny cable gromet... Very easy...:Thumbup:

·
Found On Russ' Drive
693 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Why? That is a very difficult area to get too, your not getting any better reading there, and the drill shavings are going to fall into the manifold rather then into your eyes...

From below you can see everything, and then you can run the wires thru the Auto tranny cable gromet... Very easy...:Thumbup:

Looked easier to get to than from the bottom, A little grease on the drill bit and no worries about shavings. Pryo leads are in the engine compartment away from any road grime, and leads run through the automatic block off plate in the firewall. Just a differant way of doing things.

·
535 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Why? the drill shavings are going to fall into the manifold rather then into your eyes...Very easy...:Thumbup:

haha very well put that was great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts