23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
idunnoyet
231 Posts
What kind of work you got for her.

·
8 Posts
Congrats, I've been restoring a 1984 Peterbilt 359. Mechanically its near 100% perfect. It took me over 6 months to go through the entire wiring harness to bring it back to factory specs.

Over the years,there were a ton of splices and playing about WITHOUT a wiring diagram. Fortunately, Peterbilts are very easy to work on and have a very logical electrical system. I was able to replace all the factory dash switches,got all the instruments working as well as adding a voltmeter,boost gauge and pyrometer.

I started at the firewall and went from there. Mine is just a hobby truck now,trying to keep it stock as possible. I've added a reman Fuller RTO-12513,new clutch and driveline, 2 reman 3.70 rears and power divider. It was a southern truck and never saw roadsalt and is 100% rust free.

Mine is a 225" wheelbase with 11x24.5 rubber on Alcoa aluminum wheels. I have it registered Historic here in NJ. I've had 2 spinal fusion surgeries....so work is slow,but it drives great. I put almost 1000 miles bobtailing it around!!

·
282 Posts
Nice rigs!

Reactions: Arclight338
1 - 7 of 7 Posts