The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99.5 7.3 it started when a friend of mine went to pass a car and it wouldnt go over 60 and he drove it another couple miles and now it wont go over 35mph...fuel filters are clean, it smoked white a little but it doesnt do it any more...he said it had a really big sputter..no excess smoke and it starts in the morning fine...please help thanks

·
JD
94 Posts
Probably the ebpv on the exhaust side of turbo closed. Check the rod to move it open ,not the one for wastegate the rod you want is under turbo I think.

·
169 Posts
Liftedpsd said:
99.5 7.3 it started when a friend of mine went to pass a car and it wouldnt go over 60 and he drove it another couple miles and now it wont go over 35mph...fuel filters are clean, it smoked white a little but it doesnt do it any more...he said it had a really big sputter..no excess smoke and it starts in the morning fine...please help thanks
Did it set a light?...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No CEL I wont be on the computer if you could can any of you give me a call? 863-241-7493

·
Banned
252 Posts
Camshaft position sensor.

·
324 Posts
cat convertor

driving back from indy in a 6spd dually, it would not go over 50 mph even downhill, got back cut the cats head off and it wound up instantly and all the black **** and soot just fell out. Just a thought if you have a rare truck that has a cat on it

·
324 Posts
cat convertor

driving back from indy in a 6spd dually, it would not go over 50 mph even downhill, got back cut the cats head off and it wound up instantly and all the black **** and soot just fell out. Just a thought if you have a rare truck that has a cat on it

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
CAT may be plugged

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so she was running fine before I worked on it...... early 1999 f350 7.3 power stroke. new turbo rebuild, glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and wires, oil crossover line, ebpv, ohm test after gaskets installed(passed). After I put her back together she wouldn’t start. It would fire up and then die, now she will fire up sputters and every so often puffs a white cloud while also lightly smoking. (All white smoke, more like very often) ive replaced all the sensors prior to this. I’ve let it idle for over an hour and it still runs like ****. In drive it won’t go over idk 20-30 mph. And it takes a long distance to get to that point. Zero throttle response like there is no turbo functionality but the turbo is spoiling and connected properly. I’m stumped! It bucks when it goes to shift. From 1-2 now. Do t think it ever shifted into 3rd due to literally zero power!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts