The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone new to the site this is my first post i have a major problem i cant seem to get to the bottom of and if amyone has any info i wouod greatly appreciate it.
So whats going on is truck first starts up runs fine no issue you can take off drive it runs good smooth only max 12psi on boost. Soon as the temperatuee gets warmed up to normal it sputters only under acceleration at almost half throttle and up if you back off thr throttle sputter goes away truck runs smoith get back into thr throttle and boom sputtering again no matter what i am going to list everythimg o have tried snd replaced im literally the past 2 to 3 weeks.
New intercooler boots and clamps
New ipr valve
Icp
Cps
Fresh oil change with rotella t6
Fresh fuel filter
Cleanef rock catcher
Put new rubber grommets in all fuel lines
New injectors new injector o rings
Took off fuel filter assembly cleaned it replaced the primer pump
Replaced the catch valve
Also catch ball
Fuel pressure regulator on back of head
New valve cover gasket
New injector harness
New mechanical fuel pump
new turbo and gaskets to mount
Fuel pressure is about 55 to 60 psi at start and holds steady after shut off
Please someone help me out here
And the takes all it has to get up to maybe 14lbs of boost if im really trying to hammer downa and move but when you hook yhr trailer up its almost a rough ride from thr sputter.

·
158 Posts
Have you hooked this to any scan tool to pull codes? If so have codes 311,or 312 been active recently . I had a dt acting the same way years ago and i seem to recall it was the engine oil temp sensor . If it runs find cold and problem surfaces as unit gets to operating temp this would make sense. (eot and ect are used to control engine timing and injection quantity ) I am not suggesting throwing parts at this , just saying this is what i have experienced before , Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you hooked this to any scan tool to pull codes? If so have codes 311,or 312 been active recently . I had a dt acting the same way years ago and i seem to recall it was the engine oil temp sensor . If it runs find cold and problem surfaces as unit gets to operating temp this would make sense. (eot and ect are used to control engine timing and injection quantity ) I am not suggesting throwing parts at this , just saying this is what i have experienced before , Bob
Ive pulled the codes myself and i dont believe i have seen those codes actually the other day i ran it for 3.5 hrs and got home didnt have any codes at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts