The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1999 f-450 7.3d single cab with a flat bed i have a major oil pour at the point where the dipstick goes through the oil pan. i have tried to tighted the retaining nut but it will not tighten. what do i do??? thanks for your help

·
281 Posts
international sells a kit to reseal the dipstick adaptor. as i recall, the kit contains a new nut, a paper gasket and some of the gray rtv like is used for the pan gasket itself. the kit does not contain one but you should try and get a new o-ring for where the dipstick goes into the adaptor itself. remove the dipstick from the adaptor and stick a 1/2" rifle brush in its place. remove the old nut and the rifle brush should hold the adaptor well enough so it won't fall into the oil pan. there is an o-ring on the inside of the pan that was used to seal the adaptor but you should remove that. then you put the gasket on the outside of the pan with some rtv and install the new nut. reinstall the dipstick with a new o-ring on that as well. don't quote me on those directions but i think it's pretty close to that. this was a few years back i did this on my truck put i think instructions came with the kit too. have absolutely no idea on any part numbers though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sdan27, thanks for your input, but i had to have this truck back on the road asap. so i sent it to the closest ford dealership. everything that i read or heard the engine had to almost come out to get the oil pan off. that was something that i did not want to tackle. thanks for your advice!!!! Twin Stat Farm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts