The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have done a few of these in the early 90's body styles but now i got a new 99 f250 4x4 and am dropping my 97 12v on but im wondering what exhuast manifold are you guys using as my hx35w aint fitting real well with my heater box with the stock manifold could you guys help me out here

thanks

trever

·
373 Posts
You can try turning the manifold upside down. I hear that works. If not you might get a manifold from an industrial or medium duty truck.

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i tryed that but that wont work ether im also considering a manifold from a 03-07 common rail

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will the hx35w bolt to that 3rd gen manifold and will i still be able to use my waste gate

·
Pappy
515 Posts
ya i tryed that but that wont work ether im also considering a manifold from a 03-07 common rail
It will work if you flip it upside down! You need to make a half inch spacer to get the turbo from the head so you can clock your turbo housings and you will need to wire your wastegate shut

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
It will work if you flip it upside down! You need to make a half inch spacer to get the turbo from the head so you can clock your turbo housings and you will need to wire your wastegate shut
why would you want to wire the wastegate shut? if it doesnt fit, make a new bracket so it will still work.

Garrett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts