The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member in Learning!
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are camping near Imperial Beach, Ca and my wife took my truck to the store. On her way back it started running really bad, like it was running out of fuel and the check engine light came on. The way she described it sounds like the rpms were going from 800 to 200 for about 45 seconds then got better but was still rough and that's how it is now.

Im stressing because we leave to go home on friday and I have a trailer to haul.
With tomorrow being 4th of july I wont get it looked at til Thursday.
Do any of the scanners that.Autozone sells work for this truck? Maybe I can get a code that will help with the diagnostic.

Anyone experience this?

·
391 Posts
It is unlikely you can find a scanner at Auto Zone that will read diesel DTC. First, I assume it is not low on fuel. Check the fuel filter to see that the bowl is full of fuel. Check the oil level. Does it now act up constantly, or intermittently? What are the other gauges doing? Does the tach seem to read properly? What about the oil pressure gauge. Voltage?

·
Member in Learning!
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is full of fuel. Everything on the instrument panel functions as normal. I have no loss of speed, And torque seems to be fine.
Started it up today and.everything was fine. Then when I accelerated the.light came.back on and it was rough again. Not to rough. kind of like it has a small miss in it.

Went to a fuel up right when I stopped it smoothed out, light off. Then left, light on rough again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts