The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CBCS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I need to know the part # for the newer cheaper CPS.

I think that mine is going out. I had the truck die twice going down the road. They both happened when I was coming to a stop. Would a new CPS solve this, or do you think that it would be time for a new fuel filter???

Also, I think that my trans is about to go. It has bucked a few times going down the highway. I think that it is not getting enough line pressure, or could it be something else. Also, it seems alittle sluggish, (it revs out higher than it has before).

Sorry for all the questions I'm at work right now

·
1,726 Posts
I don't have the number in front of me now but if you have the dealer look up a cps for your truck and it is the old high priced one have them write down the number. The cheaper cps is the exact same number but a B instead of an A as the last digit.

Your symptoms sound typical of a cps but the fuel filter could possibly cause it too. I have had a loose IPR nut cause the same thing.

·
523 Posts
F7tz-12k073-b

·
454 Posts
Cps

Fuel filter suppose to be changes every 15 thousand miles. Truck will have loss of paower and responce if it needed one. The dealer can even plug your truck in and tell you if your cam sensor is going. I always keep a spare on in my tool box. I paid almost $100 at the dealer but that was the only place i could get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts