The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSD here needs a chip. It's a 99' automatic 4x4. The goal is to have around 330+ RWHP and still good fuel economy. The truck is driven pretty lightly and sits around the posted speed limit +5 MPH. It doesn't pull a load very often and the most it does see is less than 10,000 lbs, generally much less.

.........What'da think he should get? I'm thinking EDGE or maybe ........:shrug:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Rich said:
PSD here needs a chip. It's a 99' automatic 4x4. The goal is to have around 330+ RWHP and still good fuel economy. The truck is driven pretty lightly and sits around the posted speed limit +5 MPH. It doesn't pull a load very often and the most it does see is less than 10,000 lbs, generally much less.

.........What'da think he should get? I'm thinking EDGE or maybe ........:shrug:
If you want 330 rwhp...skip the edge. With an auto...you are gonna nned a more aggressive chip...I recommend www.dp-tuner.com . You will also probably need Big Oil. From my recent dyno experiences...the 6 speeds dyno close to 325-330 with a chip while the autos dyno close to 295-305. yes, the TC is locked with the autos, BUT there is still more power draining loss in the autos.

Hammer

·
Registered
790 Posts
Tony wildman does some pretty kickazz tuning aswell.

·
0 Posts
Rich...the first thing you need to do is look at the PCM. If its an XLE box...you need to ditch it in favor of a PMT or NVK computer. I had an XLE8 pcm...and got a PMT1 pcm from Jody at DP-Tuner and upgraded to one of his chips. The truck has never run so good. To get to 330ish hp...you will need to go with aftermarket sticks and/or turbo. Big oil will help as well. And 99's were notorious for having rotten TC's. If you start hearing a "marbles swooshing around in a coffee can" sound...the TC is going south and its time to look at another.

·
1,291 Posts
dave is right your not going to get 330 out of it with out something else be it a set of injectors, big oil , turbo(maybe), nitrous. but some thing has to be done on top of the chip. to make those #

·
6,337 Posts
I saw a Edge do 302 on a recieant dyno, auto, 97. FWIW...

I vote Tadd at ATS or Jody to get close to those #'s

·
Registered
96 Posts
SeeYa said:
At our Smokin Event, Larry S did 350.52/690.8 in his 1997 f250. :smoke: :popcorn:

:Thumbup: :Thumbup: :woot: :woot:

Way to go Larry!:93C_peelo

I would suggest a 4 position TS chip with either Tony Wildman, Jody Tipton or Cale Thompson programs (all awesome people). I love mine!

Can ATS still get TS chips? :shrug: I'm not thinking so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts