The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple pic that I had on my phone of one of our trucks. The adjuster thinks that the battery cable shorted out on the frame and dropped down onto the fuel line melting it and arcing with the steel braiding in the hose to allow the fuel to feed the fire. Worst part is it happed right in front of a university at about quitting time so you can imagine what kind of crowd of rubberneckers we had. This truck had almost $37,000 spent on it last year converting it into a dump truck. The box was off and it was being used to haul hay into a local press at the time of the fire so we still have the box and pup trailer. Think were gonna put it all on a T800 now. Looks like all the hydraulics and the stuff are okay. Might get some good parts out of it for my 50 pete if I'm lucky!

Attachments

·
2,555 Posts
Here's a couple pic that I had on my phone of one of our trucks. The adjuster thinks that the battery cable shorted out on the frame and dropped down onto the fuel line melting it and arcing with the steel braiding in the hose to allow the fuel to feed the fire. Worst part is it happed right in front of a university at about quitting time so you can imagine what kind of crowd of rubberneckers we had. This truck had almost $37,000 spent on it last year converting it into a dump truck. The box was off and it was being used to haul hay into a local press at the time of the fire so we still have the box and pup trailer. Think were gonna put it all on a T800 now. Looks like all the hydraulics and the stuff are okay. Might get some good parts out of it for my 50 pete if I'm lucky!
Sorry that happened :gaah,hope it all comes out ok . at least not in the middle of harvest

·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's A pic posted. It was the first pic posted in this section Its under "let's give this a trial run" not a very good pic but it's there. Won't get started on it till this fall after harvest though. Sounds like all the owner of the burnt truck wants is the stuff for the dump. So I'm trying to work a deal with him for the rest of it. It's a c-15 and a 18 speed That would go sweet in my 50 or 74 Pete

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Wow man glad nobody got hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts