The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my friend's truck (2007 not 2004 sorry) air conditioner was working amazing when he bought the truck about 3 months ago.
he had problems with EGR system and he deleted.
after this job was done he realized that a/c is not as cold as used to be.

we do not know if there is a filter and may be the cause of this.
we would like to know if there is any issue or just regular maintenance that he can perform to get this cold air back

any help or comment can help.
please !!! thanks

·
3,051 Posts
Make sure that the electrical connector is still plugged on to the egr valve, if it is not pugged on it can effect proper engine fan operation which will effect AC condenser cooling.

Check for fault codes, and check freon charge level, check all fuses.

Custom tuning works best with a delete and if stock tuning is still being used it may have an effect on AC perfomance as a truck running a delete with stock tuning causes the PCM to go into a fail safe mode due to a non functioning EGR and backs off fuel and boost, and possibly AC as it is a consumer that causes load and heat.

Harry

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will defintely check all you said.
I am not sure we understand what means "stock tuning" so I can not tell if is still being used.
can you describe it please?

thanks for your opinion harry.

·
3,051 Posts
Stock tuning just means that it has the stock factory Ford computer tuning as any stock unmodified truck woud have.

Custom tuning is usually done using a device such as SCT X3 seen here...
http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=1&VID=

Whenever you modify the engine such as doing an egr delete or disconnect the egr valve, the stock factory Ford computer tuning cannot automatically compensate for the modification that was done, it instead thinks there is something wrong with the engine, as it now isn't seeing egr gasses working as should, so the trucks computer backs off fuel delivery and boost as a built in safety program within the computers programming strategy.

In other words the computer programming is designed to work with the egr fully functional.

Custom tuning can bring the new modified engine back into line to perform properly.

Most companies that provide custom off road or race track only type tuning will make you sign a waiver before they will write a custom tune for your truck with a delete.

Harry

·
1,324 Posts
If he has a vacuum actuated valve for the heater core did it get unplugged? I think that diverts hot coolant from the cab when it's not needed. I think. I ran deleted with no tuning for a while and never noticed an issue with my AC. Any chance a leak was caused when wrestling the EGR cooler out and your running low on AC charge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts