The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed it since i put the exhaust and the spartan in the truck that it sounds like a HAIR DRYER turning on and off at the back of the truck . is this common i have a straight piped 6.4 loaded with spartans 210 and an s&b intake any input? also getting on the gas with the 210 it just screams like it is sucking air through the exhaust am i paranoid or is this normal ?

·
169 Posts
ive noticed it since i put the exhaust and the spartan in the truck that it sounds like a HAIR DRYER turning on and off at the back of the truck . is this common i have a straight piped 6.4 loaded with spartans 210 and an s&b intake any input? also getting on the gas with the 210 it just screams like it is sucking air through the exhaust am i paranoid or is this normal ?
Your paranoid :haha no it's normal what your hearing - you got nutin to wry bout hmmmmmmmmmm right guys

·
Wyoming Cowboy
157 Posts
Right!

You get that hair dryer sound with these 6.4's. If you go 5" straight it is less noticeable but still there. However, Once you get on it, you get the big block gas motor sound and it is a nice throaty sound.:thumbsup

:happymugs

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i just realized i posted this! i also notice that my buddies 6.0 sounds the same its just not as noticible with the sound of the motor clacking away boy do i miss that diesel sound! lol

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Its just the vgt vane in the turbo opening and closing.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Yep, mine sounds like a dryer too. I had to roll the windows down when I was at the drag strip so I could hear myself stage! And if I was in the left lane with someone in the right lane, it was still hard to hear. :thumbdown

1 - 6 of 6 Posts