The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some better ones of the GMC, that is if there is such a thing, now it has aluminum wheels on the front and I trew some paint on the rears.

Attachments

·
2,555 Posts
All cab overs neat. I can't drive co s I get motion sick, thanks for posting

·
273 Posts
bubba, you took the wrong picture.....wheres the pic where ya got the straight cut stack and the aluminum wheels.....i tell ya.well it least its rollin coal in that picture though:rock

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
Neat ol COE.

·
16 Posts
Sweet Astro, man! My favorite COE is undoubtedly the Astro.

3406 CAT? Kinda rare if thats the original motor lol

I actually see a lot of Astros around here, I know of about 10 (5 were at a junkyard though lol)

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
Nice Astro!

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet Astro, man! My favorite COE is undoubtedly the Astro.

3406 CAT? Kinda rare if thats the original motor lol

I actually see a lot of Astros around here, I know of about 10 (5 were at a junkyard though lol)
Nope, its not original, although we have owned one that had a 3406A in it from the factory.

I dont mind it, and I guess its an alright truck, but if it hadnt had the 3406 in it it would still be sitting in the barn I dug it out of. Im really kinda torn between the KW and the Pete though, they have certain points that I like about each.

·
990 Posts
Very nice looking tractor and trailer combination. What model trailer nd manufacturer and specs please. What is it built to haul? Grain? Thanks for info. Roger

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice looking tractor and trailer combination. What model trailer nd manufacturer and specs please. What is it built to haul? Grain? Thanks for info. Roger
I believe it was built by Agri-Traders MFG out of indiana, its just a 40ft steel hopper. I think the person that had it built just had the tandems and they built to his specs.

·
Big Cam Power!!!!!
484 Posts
I need to get some better ones of the GMC, that is if there is such a thing, now it has aluminum wheels on the front and I trew some paint on the rears.
Nice truck

·
21 Posts
cody is this your truck ? 4 min 10 sec in the vid

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
21 Posts
Yeah, thats it, if you check out the pulling truck thread I have quite a few videos strung out through it of my truck and a few of my friends.:thumbsup
sweet, ill check it out. those Scott's truck in the vid i posted are from up around where im at and they have that one truck runnin pretty good this year but i thot someone said they scattered it last weekend.

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet, ill check it out. those Scott's truck in the vid i posted are from up around where im at and they have that one truck runnin pretty good this year but i thot someone said they scattered it last weekend.
I hadnt heard that, and you know what they say; "there is always more in it until the parts are hanging out of it".

They came down to quite a few of the pulls down this way, one of them we even had a couple of trucks from MI.

·
2 Posts
A Jimmy with a Cat, no doubt they had to sneak that out the back door of the assembly plant. My Astro was the only truck I ever drove where I could get my ankles sunburned while drive. But ya really needed that Yamaha under your butt to get the full effect. I got out of a '57 B-model Mack into the 'Fish Bowl' and it took me a while to keep off the Fog Line with that lane filling cab. I had a friend who sent his co-driver thru the windshield when he hit the brakes while his partner was exiting the bunk, and go luck laying across that Dog House....!

Ah, the memories that photo brings to mind... Thanks...

·
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Jimmy with a Cat, no doubt they had to sneak that out the back door of the assembly plant. My Astro was the only truck I ever drove where I could get my ankles sunburned while drive. But ya really needed that Yamaha under your butt to get the full effect. I got out of a '57 B-model Mack into the 'Fish Bowl' and it took me a while to keep off the Fog Line with that lane filling cab. I had a friend who sent his co-driver thru the windshield when he hit the brakes while his partner was exiting the bunk, and go luck laying across that Dog House....!

Ah, the memories that photo brings to mind... Thanks...
Actually that one has been pieced together, title says its a chevy, but the cab is all original GMC. I think by the way it is setup it was wrecked and that was how it got put back.

I will have to find a picture of my dads old little grill astro that had a 3406A in it from the factory.:thumbsup

BTW:sprayw

1 - 17 of 17 Posts