The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to play quite a bit over the summer in the 6.4. A few kills and a loss. Thanks Innovative and RCD.

I ran a 96 Cobra with a crate motor and a couple bolt ons one night and and he caught me just after the quarter. He felt he won so we ran again the next weekend and I beat him by at least 2 cars. I didn't mention to him that I had my tune revised. It was defueling on the top end the first night.

After the 96 Cobra I ran a WRX (not sure of year and mods) and beat him by 1 car. He took off before the 3rd honk but I caught him and past him and was able to pull about 2 cars. He closed the gap to 1 by the end of the quarter though.

I ran a Gen 2 Eclipse with a turbo. He supposedly ran 13.30's but I don't think that was true. I ended up beating him by 2 cars. He said his car wasn't running right and wanted a rematch so the next night I ran him again and beat him by a car and half. The first run I was only able to boost up to about 12-14lbs of boost so he got me out the hole and I was able to pass him and hold 2 cars. He got me on the launch the 2nd time as well but I left at about 18lbs that time and flew right by and held a car and a half the rest of the way.

I ran a Buick Regal. I'm not sure what year and what the mods were but the owner said it ran 13.50's at 102. He spun and I beat him by about a car and a half to 2 cars. We got back and all he could say is there is no way that is a 13.90's truck. We ran again and I started at his rear bumper and waited for him to leave before launching. I beat him by about a car that run. Everything above here was with Innovative's Race tune. Everything below was with RCD's track only Beta test tune.

I ran a Chrysler 300 SRT with RCD's beta track only tune that I had just got that day. He was talking a lot of crap so we ran for just over a grand so I was kinda scared since I hadn't got to test out RCD's tune. I think I beat him by 4 truck lengths or so. There went his money. lol. All he could say when his friends asked what happened was that mofo took off like a g*# d*&% jet.

I ran an AWD Cyclone that runs 13.40's or .50's. It was a good leave for either but I beat him by about 2 cars. We didn't get to run again. I kinda felt bad. He was a nice kid and I filled his cab with smoke.

I then ran an LT1 Firebird with a 6 speed, exhaust, and dr's. He honked it off and I got him out the hole and ended up beating him about 2 cars.

I finally lost to an LS1 Camaro. We lined it up and he honked. We left pretty even cause I boosted a little too high. I held about half a car until 70 when it felt like the truck went into limp mode. He won by about 1/2 a car. I was a little upset about that. The truck wouldn't run right the rest of the night. I let it sit and reloaded the tune the next day and it seemed to run fine again. I haven't ran it since.

Overall I had a lot of fun running the truck since my Cobra was in the shop for most of the summer. Too bad I'm back in Iraq again so I don't get to play till next year. The best I could ever run at the track was 13.40's at 100mph. That was with a full tank, stock tire pressure, Iron Bull Defender 6 bumper, and a little bit of wheel hop.

·
1,386 Posts
Sounds like you had fun this summer. Nice kills.

·
TDG Singles Club #112
565 Posts
Nice!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
1,661 Posts
Nice kills!:thumbsup And you made some money!
Thank you for serving:usflag Come home safe.

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Thanks for serving and nice kills!

At least you lost to muscle not rice...:mafia1:

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for serving and nice kills!

At least you lost to muscle not rice...:mafia1:
Unfortunately I did race a turbo'd hatch Civic that runs high 11's - low 12's and lost. I was on the street tune though and it wheel hopped so bad I had to let out completely. As soon as I did that the boost dropped back down and I had to wait for it to go back to full boost. I had him out the hole and through the 1st 60ft. As soon as I let off he passed me and I lost by about 2 cars or so. Maybe a little more. I would have loaded the track only tune but I didn't want to sit there for 10-15mins and wait for it to load. Good thing I didn't cause as soon as the race was over the cops showed up. I would have been screwed. I want to get the 585 and run him again though. I know it will be a better outcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts