The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have reecently been offered a truck for arround $8,000 and i am wondering if it is worth it. He wants to pay off what he ows on it and maby make a little. It is a 97 F-250 powerstroke auto reg. cab long bed sigle wheel 4x4 with a beging banks system. It has arround 150,000 miles and has twin 6" turnout stacks on it. He recently bought new tires and rims about 2 weeks ago. it also has a 3" body lift. the guy bought the truck this past year (beging of 2006) with 125,000 miles. while he had it he didnt beat on it or drive it hard. The previos owner i cant say. So? :shrug: would this be a good deal or not?:poke:

·
1,854 Posts
My 1997 F350 118,000 Miles CCLB was 13500 and that was a hell of a deal 3 years ago. I would say go for it. 150,000 miles is nothin. Does it have an Auto or Manual. 4x4?

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reminder Does it have an Auto or Manual. 4x4? just fixed that. Has an auto and is 4x4

·
1,854 Posts
No problem.

Alot of people will chime in and say that the E4od is junk. But if it is well taking care of it will last. Mine has 155000 on the original and shifts like new. But of course i havent modded anything on my truck. I think its a great offer

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The humina what? im not too good yet with all the things about trucks...but im getting there. Ur talking about the tranny right? with overdrive?

·
1,854 Posts
Yes That is the Automatic Tranny Ford Used for years. 97 was the last year they used it and was the best year for them.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help...i think im gonna go for it then

·
1,854 Posts
i can't believe noone jumped in with more opinions....
I would go for it too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i paid 11,500 for my 97 ex cab 6 months ago and i feel that i got a good deal on it. i would definately buy that truck for 8 grand in a heartbeat. ps my truck as 163k and the tranny is still the origional and shifts like a dream.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Oh yeah, I would def jump on that. Sounds like a sweet deal. Heck, if you dont want it, I might :sly: Get some pics and post up once you sign the paperwork :deal: :Thumbup:

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok geeee thanks for the imput. after hearing how much you guys paid i feel specal! :) thanks for all the replies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts