The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when driving on the highway,it has all the power i need. sometime when you slow down and then speed up is were i have problem. i stand on the petal it speeds up, but then out of the blue it layes you back in the seat, like it does most of the time. it has a new lift pump and a new apps, and it does feel like the apps is going out. it does speed up, it does drop back to idle.so what the %^&* is it. :shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i,m having the same thing i just fixed my lift pump with a holly pump it keeps the psi between11.5 to 9 the truck runs better but if i slow to a cruse an then step on the fual and nothing

what is the apps?

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i recalibrated the apps. it didn't help. so, i check for some codes and i have 2. they are po216 and po602. the 216 is injection timing malfuction. so i'm thinking my ip is about to head south. what do you guys think

apps is accelorator petal posion senor

B

·
0 Posts
jarhead said:
the 216 is injection timing malfuction. so i'm thinking my ip is about to head south. what do you guys think
I think you are probably right.:cry:

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:damnit i was hoping you would tell me something different. well, i just drive it until she quits.

on the ohter hand oh sells a good hot rod pump?:sly:

·
Diesel Fume Inhaler
173 Posts
I had that code once (P0216). Truck would white smoke and run like junk in the Iowa winter, but drove for four months with it in South Carolina. Gotta loves these VP pumps:censored :censored
As for the HRVP, I'm not sure if I would spend that much money on one. There are alot of guys making serious numbers without them.

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the vp can be a great pump, but when something go wrong and it goes south. you just want take a big hammer to it!
one day when i grow up i'll have some money to change the pump to the 7100.

·
3,514 Posts
I'm a big fan of the HR vp's, We built a truck with one that would run 13.5's single turbo all diesel, with the box turned off and just the VP and 150hp injectors. It ran 12.8's a drag comp set on 5x5. That pump is good for at least 100hp.
Sean

B

·
0 Posts
Yep, don't care what anyone says. A Scheid HRVP44 will make atleast a 100hp on it's own.

·
Registered
88 Posts
jarhead and rugrat, you both have the classic "dead pedal" which is indicative on the VP44 going south. You better just start saving your pennies now it wont be long and you'll start feeling it when you start it cold and try to drive away, then you'll get blue/white smoke and maybe then you'll get a code against the pump (0216). there aint a sensor in the world that can save you now.

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah my pumps almost in south america. i just talk to scheid about there hvp. the price wasn't that bad. they said, if i went with the hvp i need to get an additional lift pump. a fass is around 300 or 400 bones that off the top of my head. do you need the extra lift pump?

B

·
0 Posts
jarhead said:
do you need the extra lift pump?
Yes you do. You need to make absolutely sure you have plenty of fuel flow to keep it cool and not starved.

·
411 Posts
I have a Scheid HRVP and love it. I run with just a Smarty controler and a set of Mach 4's pushing a HTT and it does just fine. At just a little more change than a regular VP there isn't any other way to go. Mine is a bit touchy on the pedal now but you get used to it real quick and the added low end is worth it.

Give BRC Diesel a call in Kentucky and Billy will set you up real nice. :Thumbup:

DB

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so what is a good set up for the money? a fass with or without filter? is there some other way to get more fuel? :shrug:

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
D_B can you give me the number to brc diesel or do they have a webpage?

ok my back gound real fast. been work in my dads repairs shop since i was 12, so i can just about work on anything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It depends on what you want basically. There is no real advantage for the FASS pump with filters except the filters are easier to get at because they are right under the truck bed. There are other pumps out that will work like the holley blue and others. As for which is best for the money, everyone has their own opinion.

·
411 Posts
jarhead said:
D_B can you give me the number to brc diesel or do they have a webpage?

ok my back gound real fast. been work in my dads repairs shop since i was 12, so i can just about work on anything.
859-635-5655

He is a busy man so leave a message and tell him Darrell B sent ya. He will get back to ya.

I run an Air Dog setup on my truck. I have a new stand pipe in the tank and 3/8" IDA line all the way to the VP. It's all about volume not pressure. If you can keep the line full of fuel at 5psi you are fine. So the solution is a good pump but bigger lines are even better. My AD can keep all that 3/8" fuel line full of 14psi of fuel under an conditions. :Thumbup: IMO a FASS or something similar is the best way to go. Do it once a be done with it.

BTW: with a FASS or Air Dog you can just remove the stock fuel filter and it's fittings and get all that trash out of the way.

DB

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'll have the money for the hvp from scheid. know i just need to get a lift pump to go with it.
holly blue 110 gph around $110
holly dominatos 160 ghp around $275
fass 95 gph or 150 gph around $417
:shrug:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Holley Blue, Red and Blacks are crap especially if you regulate without a return style reg. Get a Mallory 140 and spend another $30 for a rebuld kit and throw it in the glove box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts