The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out there wondering, how many parameters are adjustable on these motors in the tuning? How many do you change? (ballpark figures are fine) From the time you place an order, how long til the customer receives their tunes?

Just curious, I know guys with F-150s who are waiting 10-12 WEEKS for custom tunes. :fart

Those with experience, please feel free to chime in, especially on the wait time. :thumbsup

And don't turn this into a brand bashing war, or I'll kick you in the balls. :haha

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Just out there wondering, how many parameters are adjustable on these motors in the tuning? How many do you change? (ballpark figures are fine) From the time you place an order, how long til the customer receives their tunes?

Just curious, I know guys with F-150s who are waiting 10-12 WEEKS for custom tunes. :fart

Those with experience, please feel free to chime in, especially on the wait time. :thumbsup

And don't turn this into a brand bashing war, or I'll kick you in the balls. :haha
There's roughly 3600 adjustable paramters and that depends on the year of truck, PCM code,etc.....

Jody adjusts a tons of those parameters and that still depends on the code and year of truck.

Jody does aproximately 11 live tuning events a year. He live tunes between 10-20 trucks at a live tuning event. He has a ton of tunes for various different truck builds. Stock to heavily modified. When you place an order if he doesn't need to write tunes from scratch it is shipped the next business day. If he needs to write them it's 2-3 days.

Trust me tuning for diesel and tuning for gas are too different animals. However it shouldn't take anymore then a couple of days to write custom tunes for gas mods. You get a base tune and go from there. If you are covered up with backorders I can see it taking a little longer.

This why we like being specailized in 1 field. Although Jody can tune other Ford and GM vehicles, we don't want to compromise our customer service. Most other tuning is done locally.

Diane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts