The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be necessary to put the ats co-pilot on my lly or would the EFI live would do the job?

·
Registered
310 Posts
as far i know and seen efi just changes how u tune the trans like shift points co poilt does something with making more line pressure to hold clutchs from slipping

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
dp1982 said:
Would it be necessary to put the ats co-pilot on my lly or would the EFI live would do the job?

EFI will not apply more pressure to your clutches. So if you want to increase your holding capability then you will need a coplt.

Hope this helps,
wade

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was told that unless you are running the 1/4 copilot was not at all necessary, have I been wrongly informed?

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
redneckbuckeye said:
I was told that unless you are running the 1/4 copilot was not at all necessary, have I been wrongly informed?
I wouldn't go as far as saying that, we didn't design the Copilot for just 1/4 mile passes. It's function is to add line pressure to the clutches under load. It will help all applications, but whether or not your going to need it to keep YOUR clutches from slipping would be a decision made by your builder, as he knows what he built the tranny for and how much it will hold.

Hope this helps,
Wade

·
116 Posts
dp1982 said:
I do not recomend playing with EFILive for Alli tuning unless you are very experienced with the Allison trans and its electronics. It can and has been disasterous. It can not raise line pressure. I use and recomend the ATS Copilot highly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Co -pilot only affect the C3 - C5 clutch packs as C1 and C2 already run off of mainline pressure. If you affect the shifting to an area outside of what the TCM is programmed for it will over time unadjust what you have done with the Co-pilot. We recommend that until you need the extra holding power from the Co-pilot you keep it off. TCM tuning will solve most all problems but it's not easy to just jump in and learn it. From what I've been told EFI Live doesn't provide enough adjustment in it but I have never seen or used it. If you do get into the TCM tuneing just take it slow and easy until you learn how thing you adjust affect everything else.

·
3,754 Posts
I Have heard a few guys who make big hp say co pilot is junk but I dont have any real facts to back it up jsut what they said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i cant decid if its really worth it

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
With your tuning a built trans will solve your problem sans co-pilot...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.