The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Norwegian Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i`m new on this site and come from NORWAY!!
belive it or not:damnit

i have a question about twins....
are there any chance to use stock charger for the 305 hp(hx 35 i think?), and a super b special? anyone??

thanks, Kai

·
Registered
432 Posts
i dont know about the super b special but u can use ur stock turbo and Borg Warner S4 series turbo it is a really nice set of twins

·
3,514 Posts
It really depends on how much fuel you are running. That super b would be a little small for almost anything, but for a low horse power twins set up, you could run your stocker and a modded s300, however that will cost you more than running your stocker and an s400 charger, which would work well and give you room to grow into more fuel if you want it.
Sean

·
Norwegian Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sstockton said:
It really depends on how much fuel you are running. That super b would be a little small for almost anything, but for a low horse power twins set up, you could run your stocker and a modded s300, however that will cost you more than running your stocker and an s400 charger, which would work well and give you room to grow into more fuel if you want it.
Sean

i already have a super b special whitch i was planing to get in tomorrow, just to see how that will work, i`m running stock turbo right now.
i also run stock injectors, but was planing to buy some edge stage 4 or 5, i also run an juice w/attitude, 5" exhaust, s&b intake and cfm+...

but an s400, how is that compared to my special??

im new in thisgame, so please not hang me:bow:

·
Registered
432 Posts
That turbo is not meant to be used with as a twin setup it is used to bridge the gap between a small single and twins the s400 would allow u to do alot of fuel increase and i dont know how it will match up with hx35 turbos have to match when doing twins the s400 is a perfect match and can be modded even more if u want even more power that is what i would go with and i am not tryin to be a jerk or anything just giving my opion

·
Norwegian Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i think i will go for the super b for now, and see how that will work.
i`m afraid for that it will spool a little too late....
does anyone drive this turbo? and how does it response??
thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
that is what i am afraid of to it wont spool or spool late or u might not beable to keep it spooled at all do u plan on doing sled pulling or drag racing

·
Norwegian Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, this is my daily driver... but well see, i will mount it, and see what happens, if it don`t work well i`m going for twins...

·
Registered
432 Posts
so ur not trying to make that ur second turbo for ur twins and use the stock tubo from what it said it is a nice turbo by itself should be just fine then i thought u were compounding that with ur hx35 ok so ur replacing ur stock tubo with that one ok should be great

·
Norwegian Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes im replacing my stock with the super b, so im going for single for now... how do you think that will work?

·
3,514 Posts
That may spool a little slow with stock injectors. Also, I would try to find some injectors other than the edge ones if you are looking in the 125hp+ range on your injectors. They are cheap, but run a bit hot and smoky and aren't the best spray angle.

That super b would work well over the s400 as well. I believe its essentially a stock s300, it may be slightly modified though. It is way too small to use as a primary(bottom) turbo though. Run it as a single and you should be okay.
Sean

·
Registered
432 Posts
that is what he planned on doing i said the same thing it wouldnt make a good compound turbo i would go with a set for industrial injection they are nice and good power

·
Just gettin started
185 Posts
Man, I can only imagine how much power you could make with twins.

·
Registered
432 Posts
depends on which kinda turbos u use for the twins ur hx35 and s400 is a kinda combo i would think ur lookin 650hp or better i would think welll there is a 6.7 makin 715hp fuel only one turbo hardle no smoke but ur combo like i said should be good for 525rwhp once u get injectors and boxe stuff like that

·
Norwegian Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my goal is to reach 500hp and 1000fp on the wheels....
i need to build my tranny and dyno it, then will see:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
u will on the edge of the power gainable by that turbo i would go bigger wheels bouncer is 456 and 1000ftlbs last time on the dynoand he has a big turbo

·
3,514 Posts
What do you use the truck for? Is it just for playing around or do you use it for towing at all? My experience with trucks like that, with a tight auto, and a decent sized single is that they don't work well for towing, thats why I'm going the medium/small size twins in my truck. But it really depends on the type of towing you do too.
Sean

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
WELCOME TO AMERICA BROTHER!!! My family is from Norway and I am a
2nd generation American. Anyways I dont know a lot about turbos but I heard about some injectors made by F1 that will give you all the fuel you could possibly need. Also a 3rd fuel pump back by your tank would keep things flowin smoov!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts