The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I did a few searches on here and see that the AC coming out the defroster vents only is not an uncommon problem. And a few culprits have been named one being the vacuum pump. Is this what im looking for?

·
DIESEL FREAK
126 Posts
What you have pictured is not what you are looking for. The vacuum pump is located under the hood on the passenger side fender well. Follow the link http://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/132.html and that is what you'll be looking for. You may have a leak somewhere in the system causing your problem or it may be a bad vacuum pump.

Reactions: BillsFan

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all makes sense now. From everything Ive read in other peoples posts about the symptoms I believe that is going to be the culprit. Plus, now that youve shown me what it looks like I realize that little ******* used to make all kinds of noise when I was under the hood and now it makes none so its probably DRT.

Thank you!

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...new pump didn't fix the problem and I cant find any vacuum lines that are leaking. How many lines are there and whats the most common culprit? The lines going to the hubs are pretty dry, but the truck still goes into 4 wheel drive, but I have Warn hubs so do they even do anything anymore?

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, in searching some of the other Ford Truck sites I found my answer. Since I don't need the vacuum lines to the hubs anymore (thank you Warn) I pulled and plugged the lines to the hubs on the passenger side fender. Problem fixed! Dash vents work great, defroster works great, 4x4 works great ... no issues.

Here are the lines to plug. Between the battery and the vacuum pup on the fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts