The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Diesel Mechanic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a diesel mechanic working out of Tampa Bay Florida. I recently did an engine swap on a 2007 International Vac truck. It's a 7400 Maxxforce DT. Everything has gone well, except for one little problem that I cannot for the life of me figure out. I don't have any throttle response. Cruise control works and the engine idle up on the front reel works; both of which will increase and decrease my RPM's, but the pedal does nothing. I've had it hooked up to the computer, no codes, and I can see on the computer that the ECM is reading the pedal. Anyone got any ideas?

I've recently discovered that if I activate the cruise control and rev up the engine just one notch and then turn the cruise control off that the pedal begins to work. Now, I don't even have to turn off the cruise control as the pedal will respond with it on or off ONCE it has been activated initially. However, once I shut the truck off and restart it, the pedal has no response until the cruise control is again activated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts