The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been noticing changes in the way my truck has been running latley... Running the 275 tune, I am seeing more smoke than normal, engine seems a little louder and also I am seeing some minor surging every so often. Wondering if the warmer temps and summer fuel is causing this effect.. Anyone else seeing this? I will try re-loading the tune tomorrow, although I do it quite often already.
Thanks,

Shaune

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Hey guys, I have been noticing changes in the way my truck has been running latley... Running the 275 tune, I am seeing more smoke than normal, engine seems a little louder and also I am seeing some minor surging every so often. Wondering if the warmer temps and summer fuel is causing this effect.. Anyone else seeing this? I will try re-loading the tune tomorrow, although I do it quite often already.
Thanks,

Shaune
Where are you located?
I think a couple have mentioned more smoke recently, fuel can be the cause all of the winter diesel is probably out of the tanks by now, also the thinner warmer air may be contributing to this as well.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Its normal. No more winter blend diesel, and the warmer temps will do it.

·
1,077 Posts
Try changing your fuel filters as well. But I believe that colton is right.

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you located?
I think a couple have mentioned more smoke recently, fuel can be the cause all of the winter diesel is probably out of the tanks by now, also the thinner warmer air may be contributing to this as well.
Located in Alberta, Canada, I just did my fuels and oil last week.... No loss in power, perhaps feels stronger also mileage is looking better than last week... Must be the fuel.
Thanks.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Yup sounds like fuel and im sure up there it takes a bit longer for the winter blend to be out of the system.

·
169 Posts
Cheers from Edmonton - I notice more power the last few weeks but just thought it was getting closer to summer - And come to think of it more smoke but that cause i playing with the ricer more :haha

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
How are the boost levels on the 310? sounds like something I want but I don't want any "new" problems!! I'm running the 275V2 and it surges as always and the V3 is even wose!! and seeing boost levels of 50 kinda scare me!!

·
142 Posts
I'm sure the 310 will be released in the near future.
I highly suggest buying this tune.
There is SOOOO much improvement, that you won't believe it.
Don't make it any worse, can't wait already

·
169 Posts
I see fuel pressure up to 28000 and boost in the high 40's low 50's - Just need to remember when it pull's like a freight train, boost and fuel pressure need's to be up there - I use the 310 as a daily driver shift's good - I just like to know how to get rid of that turbo leg and tubro farts:happydance

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I'm sure the 310 will be released in the near future.
I highly suggest buying this tune.
There is SOOOO much improvement, that you won't believe it.
I HATE you George:haha:happymugs

·
Registered
639 Posts
You guys and your "surging" you focking KILL ME!!!

Its a race file...actually not meant to even be driven on the street...can it be HELL YES, I drive mine everday, but I dont biatch and complain about a surge form 2127-2231RPM.

So does the "310" surge...I really dunno...all I know is that it SURGES from 0-100+ VERY FAST.

·
1,077 Posts
I don't have surging in my truck at all unless its winter and gets cold. Maybe its truck specific. When it does surge its focking giegh though.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
You guys and your "surging" you focking KILL ME!!!

Its a race file...actually not meant to even be driven on the street...can it be HELL YES, I drive mine everday, but I dont biatch and complain about a surge form 2127-2231RPM.

So does the "310" surge...I really dunno...all I know is that it SURGES from 0-100+ VERY FAST.
Hey we aren't Focking *****ing, we are curious and I guess we all aren't as good as drivers as you so when we are towing on HILLS (not on the focking flats) its a pain in the azz!! so quit *****ing at us for asking a simple question. I thought that is why we are here/!?!? I will tell you right now that when only towing 5000pnds its ridiculous on what I see on my truck, I realize its a "race tune" but if I can get a tune that doesn't do these things I will get it and until that day comes I will ask on every new tune realease, and I'm going to ask about "touchyness" for off roading and how it works in the winter (which again you truck never sees either!!).

Sorry about the rant and to make it clear I do like my tune but as I said if I can find one that is better then I would even be happier!!

·
1,077 Posts
I would take that back. I wouldn't wanna piss off poor old pahrump and his puppets. He's sick of reading posts I guess. Then stop logging in or go get another tissue.

Reactions: Wildcat

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not whining about the surge.... Just want to know if there is any on the new 310, will help the decision to purchase it when it comes out... My truck has 4:30 gears so while cruising at 70-75 mph i am running about 2250 rpm..... Right where it surges... Not too bad though, just wondering if it still does it with the new tune.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I havent noticed any but towing is a PITA with it i dont like it, but thats me and that was with 10k behind my lifted truck on 37's so maybe someone with stock wheels and tires will disagree.

The 275 is a way better tow file

too bad instead of a thanks i cant give you guys a middle finger

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I havent noticed any but towing is a PITA with it i dont like it, but thats me and that was with 10k behind my lifted truck on 37's so maybe someone with stock wheels and tires will disagree.

The 275 is a way better tow file

too bad instead of a thanks i cant give you guys a middle finger
Thanks for the info!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts