The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want the factory foglights. The wire harness is there. It's next to the driver's side headlight.
Is the factory foglight switch wiring in the dash behind my existing stock headlamp switch? In other words, can I install the factory switch that has foglight capability?
Looks like the lights are easy to install in the bumper.

BTW: Got the daytime running lamps turned "on" via laptop at the dealer today. I really think it makes driving safer (adds visibility).

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Not sure, but I was going to dig into this myself when I return to the states.

I'd want to modify it though like my 7.3L rig to have the fog lights on with the high beams though.

Adrianspeeder

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the small console the switch is in. I noticed there's an unused plug behind there. Could it be for the fog lights?
Can someone with a foglight truck please pull there small headlight console panel and tell me if there's 2 harnesses leading from their light switch or just one?

·
606 Posts
Mine has one plug with eight wires running to it. There was no lose plugs in site. This is all part of the headlight/foglight switch.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has one plug with eight wires running to it. There was no lose plugs in site. This is all part of the headlight/foglight switch.
OK, that's helpful.
I looked in behind my switch and there's a large loose plug about 6-8" behind the switch. Maybe it serves some other purpose like electric shift transfer case, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts