The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early 99 that I have the chance to get a set of ad code injectors for, my question is, is there enough difference going from ab to ad injectors to bother with?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
No not even worth the time. Plus you hpop will be totally taxed out

sent from Magic Smoke Performance via DROID

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am definately going to put a 17* hpop in it, thanks for reply. I had already decided to do that after reading some of your other posts camo. In one of the other posts you stated that you have 450hp and had put like 40k miles on it in a year or so. What kind of fuel mileage are you getting, and do you tow with it, and if so how does that work out. thanks seth

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
YES i TOW ABOUT 18,000 I have terminator big oil twin hpop's gts hybrids with 100% over nozzles and when towing heavy I sometimes use my water injction water only no meth. EGTS are mangeable and at weight i get about 11 unloaded in my 80E tune i get almost 18

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what has been done to your trans, and what kind of trans temps are you running. thanks seth

·
8,265 Posts
Could you put the AD's in...yeah you could. You would need tuning to take full advantage of them.

If you are getting them at a good price...ie like free...then go ahead and use your AB's as core's to send in to be built to your specs. But like Camo said...upgrade your hpop...even if its to a 17* pump. I have an early 99 as well...and the first time I got it dyno'd, the pump couldn't even keep up with my little AB injectors.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
what has been done to your trans, and what kind of trans temps are you running. thanks seth
I have the RACERX X6TC T/C along with A transgo tugger HD2 kit And some other internal mods. temps empty I see 150ISH loaded I will See 200* on a long grade

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also have the tugger 2 and x6tc but I see 165-170 on 80* days empty and 120 on 30* days. I have had several of these trucks and for some reason this truck has always ran warmer. I also have the 6.0 cooler. My other trucks had a dp tuner and I am wandering if this is why it tends to run warmer, what do you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts