The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 6 pos chip for my truck. The 97 5spd. Now I put it on and it had some issues of changing programs without changing the switch. Mostly the high idle coming on when it was not in that position. It seems like it does it after you cut the truck off and crank it back up. A couple of the positions did not seem to work. So I took it off and sent it to Bully Dog as they said I should and the re burned it to the tune of $100. I bought is used so that is why they charged me. I get it back. I put it on and guess what.....the same thing. :bang: I called them and they seem to be stumped. Has anyone else ever heard of this type of problem? Thanks for your help in advance.

Jason

·
39 Posts
I have one on a 2000 model and have had simular problems. If its cold out sometimes the truck starts in high idle. Lately its gotten to where the 2 two lower hp settings have what i would call a delay in them. When you take off its like a stock truck and then all of a sudden it comes alive. I have also several times had the truck just shut off going down the road. I would have to put it in neutral and unplug the chip then start the truck back up. Try that doing 80 down the interstate with a peterbilt on your bumper. I have sent mine back countless times for a reburn. After it does fine for a while then starts to act up again. I've given up on it.

·
6,337 Posts
kinda common with some chips, it defalts to the #1 pos and you have to turn it off and back on to get it done.

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hate it because I sent it back for a reburn and it is doing the same thing $100 later. Not having much luck with the tech. Talked to him on Tuesday and he was gonna get right back to me. He will not answer his ext or messages. I called another tech that said he would get with me asap. Maybe I will hear from him next week????

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after calling numerous times I finally got someone (not the tech) in customer service. I have got to take it out and send it in again.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Are you pinching the switch wiring harness when fishing it past the Ebrake pedal? if the witch defaults back to pos #1 the switch or harness is the issue.... all 6-position chips will default to 1 when the switch is out or faulty.... Try checking out the switch or borrow another to be sure it's not bad before you spend the time and coin shipping it again

·
6,337 Posts
Are you pinching the switch wiring harness when fishing it past the Ebrake pedal? if the witch defaults back to pos #1 the switch or harness is the issue.... all 6-position chips will default to 1 when the switch is out or faulty.... Try checking out the switch or borrow another to be sure it's not bad before you spend the time and coin shipping it again

Not true... The Older TS blanks are known to lock into the #1 pos... thats the reason they changed the blank design...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yea older TS chips reverted to the #1 pos so if you had high idle there it would go back to high idle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts