The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Black is the best color
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was hoping to get some help from you regarding some used Banks products ive been thinking of purchasing. Firstly theyre coming off of an '03 7.3, so my first question is would it plug right into my '99 7.3?
It consists of:
Big Hoss module= $200
Six gun tuner= $200
Trans command= $200
The guy is also offering his Big head waste gate, but i can purchase it new cheaper than what he wants for his, and i would like to keep my factory one.

What do you guys think about those prices? I looked on Banks' site, but they dont have any listed.

The reason im considering these is because ive always heard Banks stuff was really conservative, and although i know 7.3's are stout, im not looking to set any world records and i would like this truck to last a long time. I did a search and found an interesting thread where a member on here was comparing his newly installed Dp-tuner to his old Banks stuff and he was very happy. I was considering going the dp-tuner route, but i was presented with this opportunity and now i would like to here some more opinions.

I rode in the truck with all this stuff installed and it moved pretty good, but its also a 2wd short bed compared to my jacked up 4wd CC long bed.

So there you have it, any advice would be greatly appreciated gents!

Thanks, Yulian

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
800 dollars in banks paper weights is not a consideration to any custom tuner.

·
Another day in paradise
284 Posts
:whs

·
Banned
3 Posts
Banks makes some good stuff and is VERY safe tuning... BUT with that being said it is over priced.

You can get a custom tuned chip from a GOOD tuner for less then $450 and it will do more than the banks stuff you where looking at buying.

Good luck.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Also something to consider is that the Banks module is programed to a vehicle strategy. You will most likely not have the same strategy as a 99 so you will have to get it reprogrammed from Banks, more money. I will be the first in line to get Banks stuff but I would go with custom tuning if you are looking for cheaper, and more power. Banks stuff is good clean power but very conservative and exspensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts