The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure things out with the truck as it is only a week old to me. I'm going to grind the plate and slide the housing forward etc. to start out with but i've always been the kind of person who wants to know how it works. I'm assuming the AFC lever arm rides agains the surface of the torque plate? Since it seems from the pictures i've seen on the internet it starts at the bottom of the plate does it move up along the plate as you press down the accelertor pedal? Is that correct? Does grinding the plate allow the lever arm more travel towards the front of the truck which tells the p7100 pump to deliver more fuel? How does sliding the AFC housing affect this? Also, when sliding the AFC housing forward and grinding your stock plate to a zero plate does the AFC arm need to be re-adjusted? I'm assuming the farther the lever arm sits forward the more fuel is delivered to the motor?

Sorry for all the questions. This truck is very new to me and i'd like to really understand how everything works so I can full with it and actually know what i'm changing. :smoke

1 - 1 of 1 Posts