The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... Just a question for ya. Was at shop in town getting few things on truck done with fluids in difs and stuff. And the guy workin on it said my AFE pro guard drop in filter is no good cause the sides suck in and lets in dirt. And gave me a big speech about how they used to sell them and stuff. I thought it was a good filter and works good with my Spartan tunes just wondering if i should be worried or if anyone has heard of this??? Thanks a bunch

·
60 Posts
Hey everyone... Just a question for ya. Was at shop in town getting few things on truck done with fluids in difs and stuff. And the guy workin on it said my AFE pro guard drop in filter is no good cause the sides suck in and lets in dirt. And gave me a big speech about how they used to sell them and stuff. I thought it was a good filter and works good with my Spartan tunes just wondering if i should be worried or if anyone has heard of this??? Thanks a bunch
we have seen this BUT both the filter were not cleaned right, they had let them get so much dirt built-up that they did suck in and tear. the afe is a good filter and will not do this if watched and cleaned when needed. both cases were pure neglect.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you... do you know if i can use the K&N cleaning kit and oil... is it all the same because thats all i can find here with not having any days off work rite now

·
60 Posts
thank you... do you know if i can use the K&N cleaning kit and oil... is it all the same because thats all i can find here with not having any days off work rite now
yes you can use a k&n cleaning kit, just remember it don't take the hole can of oil to oil it. I don't know the difference between afe/s&b/k&n and others oil packages but do know they were all designed to oil a cleanable filter and should work fine. the most common problem i see is filters that were over oiled, the oil will catch on the maf sensor and cause a check engine light with some drivability issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts