The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get and after market air filter for my 6.4 diesel? K&N doesn't make one yet for the 2008. I don't want the cold box just a replacement aire filter with better flow.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong guys) the filter in the 6.4 is one of the best. I don't think you will gain much, if anything going to an aftermarket filter.

·
46 Posts
My warranty value is worth far more than risking it on dubious gain statements by the aftermarket crews. The comparisons published in the related magazines show very little (not noticable) gains in aftermarket air filter systems. Check your local dealer to see what if any aftermarket add-ons you can do and still keep the factory warranty. None of the ads say anything about their products' effect on the vehicle's warranty...they know better.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
I got my Airaid from Doug at GoGo Diesel, getting 17.5 mpg at 75. and only have 4k on the truck too.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
SAK said:
I got my Airaid from Doug at GoGo Diesel, getting 17.5 mpg at 75. and only have 4k on the truck too.
What kind of mileage were you getting before the addition of the Airaid?

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Don't know, had the SCT and Airaid since the truck had 400 miles. Have a buddy with the same truck with no lift and stock tires and he only gets 16 and he has over 10k on his.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
DPF is still there(for this week) that with the SCT Extreme and Airaid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts